Ruth was an amazing servant of our Heavenly Father. Even in the face of trials she stayed true to what she believed and chose to serve others and make sacrifices.
• What was the situation in the land of Judah when Ruth and Naomi lived?
The people of Judah lived in peace. They relied on the climate for everything they had. Their crops depended on if they had rain or not. If they had no rain the land that was normally fertile would not be and there would be a famine.
• List the trials Ruth faced in Ruth 1.
Famine
Death in her family (Her husband)
Leaving her home to travel to with Naomi
• Choose one trial that is like one you have faced and briefly describe it.
There have been many times in my life that we have faced the trial of being out of work. My husband has been laid off of work several times in the past ten years. We have had to move many times and have had to change the schools our kids go to, meet new friends and learn and acclimate to a new city. It was very hard but I feel like I was strengthened because of it. It taught me more about myself and about how to rely on my Heavenly Father for strength. I know that the moves were for the best and we are stronger because of our trials.
• Explain what you think motivated Ruth to go with Naomi. In what ways would it have been hard for Ruth to go with Naomi?
I think Ruth loved Naomi and considered her family. When she lost her husband she must have been very sad and Naomi was a part of her husband. She was family to her. They both believed in Heavenly Father and were able to uplift and strengthen each other. It would have been hard for Ruth because she had to start over in a place that she was unfamiliar with. She had to start over again after she had such a devastating loss in her life.
• Why was Boaz so impressed with Ruth?
He was impressed because Ruth left her mother and father and her native land. He was also impressed with her kindness and generosity. She really was an amazing, kind, supportive woman.
• Explain what you can learn about facing your challenges from the examples in this chapter.
Trials are hard but we will always have trials in our life because they help us grow. Just as Ruth was strengthened and uplifted by her trial we can also come out on top and learn and grow from our trials. I have learned that I can lean on my family for support and love. Ruth and Naomi leaned on each other and were able to help each other through their trials.
• Briefly describe the greatest sacrifice you have yet made because of your commitment to the Lord. Then write an answer to the question “Has your sacrifice become a blessing?” If so, please describe how it did. If not, describe how you now feel about the sacrifice.
Honestly I don’t know that I have sacrificed anything substantial because of my commitment to the Lord. The only thing that comes to mind is paying a full tithing. There have been many times when money is very tight and paying tithing was very hard but I knew that it was right and I didn’t want to sacrifice the blessings that Heavenly Father might see fit to give me because I wasn’t paying my tithing. I feel blessed to be able to sacrifice a little of what has been given to me. I recognize that everything I have comes from my Heavenly Father. My sacrifice has become a blessing because it has taught me the importance of always paying a full tithe. No matter what I needed I always had enough to get by and that was because I followed this commandment.
• Explain why you think Boaz was so kind to Ruth.
He knew that she had made a sacrifice. He could see what kind of person she was by the way she treated Naomi and others around her. He understood that she was a genuine, kind and compassionate person. He was kind to her because he knew that she needed help.
No comments:
Post a Comment